Friday, April 2, 2010

Are you ready to face GOD?

The question, "Do you believe in GOD?" is not just a question of one's beliefs, but represents an age old conflict of physical and spiritual realities. There are people who go to crazy lengths to prove their love, affection and devotion to HIS higher self, and then their are sceptics who call themselves atheists and claim a lack of belief in a higher authority which is over and above all exixtence. So if you are wondering what am I trying to state by putting forth this query, the answer is simple.

"I believe in GOD and believe he's watching each and every action of ours, and that, we will be held accountable for all of our deeds when we die."

"When we die?" Doesn't it sound like a long time away right now? Well, I ask you people to ask yourself two questions:

Firstly, what is the exact age when a person dies?

Secondly, how many things do we do in our day to day lives which can result in an accident that can actually cause our untimely demise? Just think of all the things you do, starting from the time you spend in your bathroom, to the time you work in kitchen and other places in home where you come in contact with electrical appliances, the time you spend travelling, and the place you work, the kind of work that is involved, leading up to the time you actually get back home and finally retire for the day.

Now add to all these things the activities that are out of your control, say for example accidents that may be caused by someone else's mistake, acts of terrorism, and above all, nature's final verdicts, like earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, etc.

I am sure by now you all will have a long list of things to be scared of. Now add to it the uncertainity associated with all these causes. We may actually never get a chance to even repent or seek forgiveness for our deeds from GOD before we actually find ourselves standing infront of HIM.

But my purpose over here is not to make anyone paranoid, or a recluse, or even a hermit. I rather want to awaken the conscience of everyone or anyone who reads this piece.

Now that we all have a list of things that can potentially kill us anyday of our lives, lets us ask ourselves only one question, "What if I was to die and realize that there is indeed a GOD, what will I say to HIM if HE asks me why I did what I did?"

We all do things that we in our heart of hearts know, were wrong and/or hurtful. Now imagine GOD asking you the question why you did those things and why you shouldn't be punished for them?

So what can we do the least to avoid such a scenario?

Simple!

Everytime you are about to do something which is going to have a direct impact on someone else's life, think carefully, "What if this happens to be the last thing I do in this life? Can I be forgiven for my actions? Will I forgive someone who does the same thing to me, or would I like that someone to be forgiven?"

As long as you are honest with yourself (which I don't think should be hard thing 'cause if you are not honest with yourself, who will you be honest with and what sort of a person are you anyway?) I don't think any one of you will go wrong, or more aptly, do wrong. Otherwise, everyone's time will come, sooner or later.

And lastly for those who don't believe in GOD, I dare them to do one thing:

Say to yourselves only once, "There is no GOD. No one can hurt me. I will never suffer for any of my actions." Say it to yourself in your head and belive it. Once you have done that, never ever ask for forgiveness for it.

As far as I am concerned, I believe in GOD and I believe my every action as a human being is accountable and I will get punsihed for anything wrong that I may do. So I don't do anything wrong, atleast not knowingly. And for all the things that I have done wrong in the past, I have already suffered my share of punishment for them, and they were really harsh.

So, believe in GOD and have faith in love.
Amanpreet Singh Rai

No comments:

Post a Comment