Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Efforts versus intentions

*************

Efforts versus intentions

“Efforts bear fruit when love nurtures the roots.”

ð Why are fans important for an artist?
Who is not aware of the destructive influence haters can have on lives? In fact, haters often end up driving a life to its end. It is really easy for the cowards to be anything behind a computer screen, except a human. Most of the artists and other public figures endure countless barbs from these unknown enemies. In such a scenario it’s a legion of fans that comes to the rescue of the beleaguered soul.

I have been very open with everything that I have done, and even my address and phone number is openly available. It must have been really easy for my haters to target my interests, like for example who tweeted to me, or re-tweeted my words, or followed me. These haters might have claimed to be anyone, but if I am still sitting here writing this piece today, it is not because someone helped me. But it is because haters are always fake, weak and wrong.

There is another reason, a financial reason, as to why fans are important. In fact, my haters have intentionally and repeatedly tried to harm my financial interests, so that I cannot pursue my business interests. They have repeatedly tried to stop a fan base developing for me. How they did that from behind their computer screens that I don’t know “just yet”. The day I’ll find out, this world is round and the faster they will run, the quicker they will bump into me.

ð What choices did I have on 4th March, 2010, when I stood outside the Superior Court of Los Angeles?
There were only two choices; either to fight for everything I had ever held dear in my life, or to quit that very instant. If you are reading this today, if there is a huge body of work behind me today, it’s all because I chose the former.

ð Who has helped me?
No one!

No Government, private organization or media outlet has ever helped me.

ð How come you know me?
If you know me then it is purely because of the efforts I’ve put in, to make myself known.
a) I’ve used my twitter and youtube accounts to make myself visible internationally.
b) I’ve advertised my novels in paper in Philippines (even if only once).
c) I’ve advertised my songs and video on reddit.com and twitter, spending nearly a 1000 bucks.
d) I’ve actively participated in community discussions on twitter by commenting on relevant posts by other people. You will perhaps remember how I had some really lengthy discussions with even some radical organizations.
e) And in between, I’ve knocked on doors for various things across Adelaide, stood in the middle of the market bearing placards, distributed free CDs in the CBD, in university, distributed CDs to people I came across as part of my work.
f) I’ve even organized a flop DJing gig that nobody came to, but a friend assisted in distribution of its pamphlets to scores of people.
How can anyone say I haven’t done enough to be noticed?
If your friend told you about me, then how did they come to know about me?
At the start of every communication chain, you will find someone got to know me because of my efforts.
And this is called marketing.

ð Does this mean my work is not good enough?
You tell me; how are my songs “If I were to die”, “City of Cowards”, “Never let you go”, “Please don’t ever leave my side”, “Make me feel your love”, “I’ll never do”, or the latest “I really like you”, in addition to some other good tracks like “All for my angel” etc, not good enough to be hits?
You tell me how either of my series; God of a man, and Mishiida-Alexander not good enough for popular craze?

ð Why has it not worked so far then?
Who says it hasn’t worked?
a)    I used to come across websites and discussion boards that would hotlink my novels and music videos. People were discussing Mishiida-Alexander, God of a man. People know my work. Thousands of people have streamed my songs online just in the US, and these are official figures I can check via tunecore, the third party distributor of my songs. If people talk about my work, listen or read it, then my efforts have done their job. They have marketed my work globally.
b)   If radical organizations know me, then ordinary people too. And if you know me then my efforts have done the job they intended to. They have made me known.
c)    There are people who have liked my tweets, favourited them from time to time, re-tweeted them, and even replied to them. And none of them follows me. Then there are people who have followed me. Even if someone was to say they followed me by mistake, they were still visiting my page to make a mistake. If unknown people know me, then follow me, that’s because they have liked my work, and my efforts to market myself have paid off.

ð If it has worked then what is the problem?
The problem is; I distribute all my work for free except my latest song. And nobody is buying my songs. I have received literally no money except peanuts for online plays, or a couple of song purchases in addition to my own four song purchase.

And the problem is; I am not getting any movie deals for any of my already complete projects, or new projects (writing or otherwise), and I am not even getting established artists to collaborate with me because I am not famous.

Both these issues mean I am earning nothing from my efforts.

ð Why is this happening?
This is happening because people like my work; they discuss it, but then don’t give me the credit, nor reference me publically. This is denying me the public recognition which any artist needs to develop a fan following and mass awareness; the two things that drive an artist/writer’s finances.

Nobody is saying Aman we love you because we love your novels or music. No one is saying Aman’s songs are good, his novels are good, openly on social media. This is hampering the formation of a fan base. And as I pointed out just above; every writer and artist needs a fan base to market their products or promote their career. This marketing provides for the artist’s living while they concentrate just on their work and create more stuff to please public.

My weakness is only you the ordinary people, the one that I hold dear to my heart because I was born, raised and am living like one of you.

Now you tell me; Am I really that ordinary not to deserve your admiration?

Fatal Urge Carefree Kiss “Amanpreet Singh Rai”


*************

No comments:

Post a Comment